Friday, January 23, 2009

A Real Post

Now that I am a full month into my taking leave of the church job, I am realizing how consuming that job really was. Yesterday, I started a project of cleaning an area of the house that has desperately needed to be organized for about a year, maybe longer. I knew it was going to be a big project, so couldn't ever really start it, because I am always running out of time.
So I started this project around 2:30, took a break to go ice skating, then came back and finished it up. It looks amazing. And it is free of clutter, most importantly.

These things seem so small, but, really, it was something I just couldn't tackle before. The only day I could ever think about doing something like this was Saturdays, which meant I would be giving up my one day of no work. To have that freedom, to not have to rush out in the evening, to have 2 days off together on the weekends....it just feels so normal, so freeing. I don't think I will ever go back to a church job again.

No comments: