Saturday, January 10, 2009

A long while

So its been a while.
Lots has happened, and, at the same time, nothing has happened.
New years was uneventful, which is just fine for me. We went to the movies with our youngest and i think i was in my pjs by 9:00.

Since then, it has been work, work, work, which is fine with me, and a few non-exciting things.

My son almost caught on fire while sleeping when his comforter came into contact with a nightlight that should not have been there. The result, a huge black hole in the comforter, a stinky house, and me up for 3 hours thinking about what could have been.

My marriage reached a very scary low point and is now hopefully in the early stages of re-acquaintance, repair and rejuvenation.

My birthday is tomorrow. So is my daughter's. This is a great thing, to share my birthday with my most favorite female in the world. But my birthday always makes me think about my father, who would send cards signed with no more than a "love, dad", but who I really miss, 15 years out from his death; and my mother, who is alive and healthy and has no idea what day it is, never mind that it is my birthday. I really miss her, too.

I have gotten several cards from people from the church where I worked, which is very sweet. And a couple of emails from siblings.

Tomorrow will just be another day, but a Sunday that I don't have to work.

The snow is coming down slowly and steadily. My family is healthy, my daughter is making me stay out of the other room as she wraps my presents (thank goodness for her!). And I just spent a lovely evening with some of my favorite people.

Life is good.

42 isn't so bad.

No comments: