Sunday, November 2, 2008

Home again Home again

Back from our amazing 29 hours away (but who is counting?).
Picked up the house first, so we wouldn't come home to a disaster, then lunch together, on the road by 1:30. Arrived at the Inn in VT, checked in, had some alone time, then went exploring. Back to the Inn after picking up some cheese and crackers and magazines and raspberries, popped the champagne while he lit the fire....it was amazing. We talked, laughed, relaxed...
Then dinner.
Another fire.
Slept in.
Today we went hiking, did some picking at an antiques mall, had lunch in another beautiful town, contemplated the effects of moving on our kids, then drove home.
I immediately had to go to a rehearsal, but I am back now, the house is still clean. My dog is so happy to have me at home.
I wish we could do this once a month

No comments: