Friday, November 7, 2008

Well I've already missed a day in November, but I wasn't truly trying to do the daily posting thing. Mostly, I just wanted an excuse to start a blog again.

13 years ago today, I gave birth to my middle child, my first son. Tonight, 18 12-13 year olds will play Laser Tag for an hour or so, then come back to our small house for pizza and whatever it is 18 12-13 olds do. I feel sorry for our neighbors!

My son is a beautiful child. Beautiful to look at, and beautiful to be around. He has gotten moody lately, which is age appropriate, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. 2 nights ago, he asked a girl to "go out" with him. I asked him what that meant, he shrugged his shoulders.

This year he entered a new school, one that everyone else had already been in for a whole year. He transitioned beautifully. In fact, I don't even know that there WAS a transition. He just slid right in, made tons of friends, and is doing very well academically as well. I am very proud of him.

So I must go, prepare the "healthy" food that these kids eat, maybe have a drink, and watch my son enjoy his birthday.

No comments: