Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Til I Can Breathe Again

I think that was the name of a song that was popular when I was in....high school? college? first married?

I voted this morning at 7:15 a.m. Then I went to work. At work, I spent my day split between working, commanding (is that the word?)...overseeing the kids at home (2 were off school due to the elections) and planning.
Chiropractor appointment to deal with a 4 week long low back problem that won't go away.
Then my 14 year old daughter had planned a dinner party.
Eggplant parmesan
Chicken parmesan
cesar salad
roasted brussel sprouts
key lime pie
rice krispie treats.

So I got home from work, commanding, trying to take care of myself, and began "supervising" the prep of a meal for 12.

It was a hit.

Lots of wine, lots of good food (thanks anna!), lots of good friends.

More proof that what matters can't be measure in $$$$.

Of to watch the election results with my oldest, for her homework assignment. I won't truly relax until i know the results of the election. Will that be tomorrow? in 24 days? Who knows????

Life is so different from when we had little kids. But i love it.

No comments: